Libby Langdon is a New York-based designer whose expertise is in designing small rooms and spaces.
Here are the 5 tips on designing small spaces:
1. Try to get a balance of your stuff by removing as many clutter as possible. When in doubt, throw it out!
2. Don’t use small rugs in the small spaces, it makes the room look really small, instead use larger rugs or wall-to-wall carpet. The bigger rug or carpe would make the room feel more expansive.
3. Libby prefers rooms that are warm and inviting. Her style is easy, elegant and comfortable.
4. The new trend for small spaces is usage of wall papers.
5. Some of the simple tips are having fun with color, use lighting to brighten up dark corners. Don’t use lots of small pieces of furniture, instead use fewer larger piece of furniture to make the small spaces more elegant and spacious.